Monday, September 22, 2014

A little piece of me...

Hello there, I’m Natasa, the food loving, pug crazy Interior Designer. My food love affair began 5 years ago when I moved out of home and had to fend for myself and for my partner. I’m a 9-5 working girl and as anyone will tell you it’s a struggle to get inspired to make food every night, when all you want to do is be a couch potato. I started off making food in large quantities that would last me 2, possibly 3 days but soon enough realised I was craving a variety and discovered I actually loved cooking. It was my outlet to unwind every night and put my creativity into food. Cooking process is exhilarating, from finding that perfect recipe, going grocery shopping to cutting the ingredient and making magic happen. There is nothing more fulfilling then when you sit down to share a meal with your loved one and you see a smiling face. That smiling face is my partner Davor, who also serves as my guinea pig and as he likes to call himself the ‘dishwasher’!

 




Food to me opens up all 5 senses, hearing it sizzling in the pan, touching it, smelling it, tasting it and visually appreciating it. The smell always takes me back and reminds me of events from travels or childhood. Food should be appreciated and always be eaten mindfully. Too often do we sit down with a plate of food on our lap and turn the telly on. If your vision and hearing is focused onto something else, you are not enjoying the food fully. It defeats the purpose of eating a meal that helps nourish you in return. Everyone should apply a bit of mindfulness when eating a meal and in return your mind will clear of any distractions and you will enjoy it much more. Give it a go, turn the telly off, put the phone away and see the difference. I dare you!


I wish to start this blog to inspire other people, to share recipes I discovered and to let you know it’s not that hard. A glass of wine along the way always helps the process and don’t forget to put on your favourite music too. Turn cooking into a fun event that you will look forward to doing after work. And with this, let our journey begin.
Natasa. xx
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I will be following your food journey closely!

    ReplyDelete